The Big House, A Heritage Home Hotel and Restaurant


"The Big House is one of the oldest homes in Matina Subdivision, the first subdivision in Matina, Davao City. Built in the early 1950s and located on the main street of the Subdivision, before the advent of gated communities called ‘Villages’, the architecture of the house shows the design features of that period which include a hexagonal ceiling design with moorish influences. The home showcases the furnitures and decors collected by the matriarch of the family from the early 1960s."




I heard of The Big House before but I thought it was just a small hotel. I read in some comments on Tripadvisor that they also have restaurant so I asked if they are open for breakfast as I was looking for a new place to have my breakfast. Fortunately they open early. 

There were no other people in the restaurant when we went there so it feels like the whole house was ours. Feeling rich lol! As we were waiting for our food I roamed around to see the place and take pictures.



Entrance

Reception Area

Restaurant

Living Room

Restaurant

Dining Room

Restaurant


We ordered bacon sandwich, pancit and seafood paella. The food was great especially the sandwich. I think it was the best sandwich I ever had. The price was reasonable ranging from Php 80.00 to Php 350.00 though the serving is quite small. 


Seafood Paella

Bacon Sandwich

Pancit


This place might be a good choice if you want to have a garden wedding but I am not sure if the place can cater 100 person. It looks like the place is only good for 50-70 person,






I have never tried sleeping in their hotel so I can't give my opinion about their room but you can check the photos in their website. Though I never tried sleeping in their room I would like to recommend this place for tourists who are looking for a place to stay in Davao City since this hotel is just located  conveniently in the city and you will feel you are just at home.



The Big House Room Rates:

Php 1500- Php 2000 with free breakfast 



The Big House Location




Address: 12 Juna Ave, Matina, Davao City, Philippines.
Contact Number: (082) 285-7665 / +63917-500-0543 / +639925-882-4601
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/thebighousedavao/?fref=ts
Website: http://thebighousedavao.com/site/







By: Doris Jamoner


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.